Winter salad goals 😍 This nutritious salad pairs Beetroot and Tangerine together for a salad you’ll keep coming back for! Try this one out at your next dinner party, or whip it up for a simple weeknight dinner.
This recipe was made in collaboration with our friend Chef Tom Walton!
- 1 bunch small beetroots, trimmed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar + 3 tbsp for dressing
- 1 tbsp caster sugar, optional
- Salt, fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pearl barley, cooked according to packet instructions
- Handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped + extra to serve
- Handful flat parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ punnet radish sprouts + extra to serve
- ½ cup toasted pistachio, crushed
- 2 Tangerines, sliced into 1cm thick rounds
- 100g marinated goats feta, drained
- Place the beetroots, ¼ cup red wine vinegar, sugar and a god pinch of salt into a large pot, cover with cold water, bring to the boil then turn down and simmer for 45 minutes -1 hour, until the beetroots are tender when a skewer is inserted.
- Drain off and while warm, rub the skin off the beetroots (its easier to do while they are hot) and cut the peeled beetroot into random wedges, place in a bowl and dress with 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and a little salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked pearl barley, roughly chopped herbs, ¼ punnet radish sprouts and ¾ of the pistachio nuts. Dress this with 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Lay the tangerines over a plate, drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with some fresh cracked black pepper. Spoon over the pearl barley salad and the beetroots then scatter with the feta, extra coriander, some more radish sprouts and pistachios. A little drizzle of olive oil if desired can finish the plate