Light and fluffy Lemon & Raspberry Coconut Muffins are sure to make your morning delightful. We’ve created the perfect recipe that features those two fabulous fruits!
Looking for a fun way to introduce the kids to Brocccolini®? These muffins are a great way to entertain the kids, and they taste delicious, too! Add some joy to your cooking this week with these tree-inspired muffins.
Recipe provided by Perfection Fresh Australia.
- 2 bunches Broccolini®
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tbs coconut or raw sugar
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 2 green shallots, finely chopped
- 100g ham, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- Extra finely grated cheese, to serve, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole (1/2 cup-capacity) muffin pan.
- Drop 12 Broccolini® into a saucepan of boiling salted water. Cook for 2 minutes, until bright green and just tender. Drain well and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut them in half crossways, and set the flower ends aside. Finely chop 4-6 stems, you need 1/4 cup, and set the rest aside (see tip).
- Combine the flour, sugar, carrot, zucchini, shallots, ham, cheese and chopped Broccolini® stems in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, oil and milk together, season with salt and pepper. Add to ham mixture, stir gently to combine. Divide evenly among muffin holes. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Stand in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Carefully make a hole in the centre of each muffin using the end of a wooden spoon. Insert the Broccolini® and sprinkle with extra cheese. Serve.
Tip: The trimmed stems are great roughly chopped and added to stir-fries, soups or casseroles. Keep them in a snap lock bag in the crisper section of the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.