Light and fluffy Lemon & Raspberry Coconut Muffins are sure to make your morning delightful. We’ve created the perfect recipe that features those two fabulous fruits!
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour or wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup natural Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups frozen raspberries (or fresh if available)
- 1 tbs raw sugar
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180° Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cups or grease the muffin tin with butter or cooking spray if the tin isn’t non-stick.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil and honey (or maple syrup) with a whisk. Add in the eggs and beat well. Then add in the yoghurt, vanilla extract and lemon zest, and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir mixture with a big spoon until just combined. Then gently fold the raspberries into the batter.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins evenly with the raw sugar.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 20-22 minutes, or until the muffins are golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and allow the muffins to cool for 5-10 mins. Then carefully transfer the muffins from the tin to a cooling rack, using a small spatula or knife to help remove them if needed. Top with coconut flakes if desired.