Deliciously moist with juicy pieces of fresh cherries dotted throughout, this Choc-Cherry olive oil bundt cake is a must-try for any cherry and chocolate lover. Cherry season is such an exciting time, for many of us, it is synonymous with…
1 hour and 30 minutes + Freeze time
Cherries are back in season just in time for the festive season! Callum Hann’s Cherry Ripe parfait is sure to please your guests and make great use of this seasons cherries!
Recipe provided by Callum Hann
- 1 Gold gelatine leaf
- 400mL Tin coconut cream
- 5 Egg yolks
- 75g Caster sugar, plus 100g extra
- 3 Egg whites
- 250g Thickened cream
- 100g Cherries, pitted
- ¼ Cup coconut shavings, toasted
- BISCUIT BASE
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 75g butter, melted
- ¾ Cup almond meal
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- CHERRY GEL
- 100g Cherries, pitted
- 1g Agar agar
- Place gelatin in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside to soften. Warm coconut cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Squeeze water from gelatin leaves, add to coconut cream and whisk until dissolved. Place in the fridge to set slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Heat 75g sugar with a little water in a small saucepan until the mixture reaches 120°C. Gradually pour sugar mixture into the yolks while whisking continuously. Continue whisking until cool. Set aside.
- Place eggs whites in the bowl of a stand mixer. Gently whisk until soft peaks form. At the same time, heat 100g sugar with a little water in a small saucepan until the mixture reaches 120°C. Begin whisking whites at full speed. Once stiff peaks are formed, gradually pour sugar mixture into whites while whisking continuously. Continue whisking until cool. Set aside.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold coconut cream and egg yolk mixtures together. Then fold in whipped cream, following by egg white mixture. Divide parfait mixture between four greased, round moulds and freeze.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine biscuit base ingredients in a medium bowl. Roll out until 5mm thick. Use a cookie cutter the same diameter as the round moulds to cut four biscuits bases. Transfer to a lined baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the cherry gel, blitz cherries in a small food processor until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan, add agar agar and bring to the boil. Pour into and a lined, shallow tray and chill until set. Return to small food processor and blitz until smooth.
- To serve, use a small spoon to scoop out a teaspoon of coconut parfait from the mould. Fill with cherry gel and top with a biscuit base. Invert onto a serving plate. Serve alongside fresh cherries and shaved coconut.