Get the biggest pot you have or halve the recipe! As the cooler months end Spring kicks in, there’s a great cross of produce with amazing Broccoli, Zucchini coming to force and dark leafy greens at their best. Whip up…
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins
Nourish your body with this indulgent salad filled with deliciously caramelised Zucchini and fresh herbs!
This recipe was made in collaboration with our friend Chef Tom Walton!
- 4 zucchinis, sliced into 2cm thick rounds
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 2 clove garlic, smashed
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 1 400g tin lentils, drained
- Large handful mixed herbs (coriander, parsley) roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3 cups rainbow chard or silverbeet, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup almonds, crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- Finely chopped dill, to serve
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the zucchini slices, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side to caramelise and cook through. Halfway through cooking add the garlic and lemon slices to the pan to caramelise and flavour the zucchini. Set aside on a plate once cooked.
- In a bowl, combine the lentils, olives, herbs, zucchini and all the contents from the pan, rainbow chard and olives. Squeeze over the remaining half lemon, splash over the vinegar and drizzle with the olive oil. Season lightly with salt pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve with the yoghurt and dill scattered over.