Prep: 7 mins | Cook: 25 mins
Don’t be fooled by the name… our new Carrot Muffins are sweet and oh so moreish!
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots, packed
- 1 cup quick/rolled oats
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup raisins or chopped dates
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease all 12 cups on your muffin tin with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and whisk for 15 seconds. Add apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk well to combine ingredients. Add grated carrot and stir gently. Gently mix in oats and wholemeal flour until combined, making sure not to over mix. Stir through the raisins and nuts.
- Place batter evenly into the 12 cups in your muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes. To test if cooked, insert a toothpick into the centre to see if it comes out clean. Once cooked, remove from oven and let muffins cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool off completely.