Thick, creamy and sweet – the humble carrot is packed full of nutrients that make this soup a go-to for autumn and winter.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until golden and crispy. Remove and allow to cool. Set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic into the pot. Cook for around 2 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped carrots and stir to coat the carrots in the oil.
- Add in the chicken stock and stir. Cover the pot with a lid and adjust the heat so it is simmering energetically. Cook for 20 minutes or until the carrot is very tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Allow the carrots to cool slightly and then use a blender or food processor to puree the carrot.
- Stir in the cream and milk. Adjust the flavour if desired, with the salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick for your liking, add in some additional milk or water.
- Use a ladle to put soup into individual serving bowls. Garnish with cream, bacon and parsley. The soup is delicious served with fresh, crusty bread!