Once you take a bite out of our homemade golden brown Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls, you’ll never reach for a store-bought sausage roll again! Little kids and big kids alike will both adore these easy to prepare sausage rolls, that sneak lots of zucchini and carrot into them.
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 1 large egg
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 grated carrot
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 2 tbs milk, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Tomato or sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine breadcrumbs, chicken mince and egg in a food processor until well combined. Place in a bowl and stir through the vegetables and herbs, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place one pastry sheet on a flat surface and cut in half with a knife. Spoon an eighth of the mixture lengthways in the centre of each piece. Fold one edge of the pastry over and tuck in beside the filling, then fold over the other side to make a roll, pressing down lightly to ensure filling is enclosed. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheets and filling.
- Cut rolls into 3cm pieces and place them onto the lined baking trays.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the rolls are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve while warm with a dollop of sauce on the side. Enjoy!