Bring together vibrant broccolini, capsicum, carrots and mushrooms in this tasty chicken stir-fry! Backed up with a delicious sauce featuring flavours like garlic and oyster sauce, the family won’t just stop at one bowlful of this delicious dinner.
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch broccolini, roughly chopped
- 150g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, to serve
- Cooked white rice, to serve
- Heat wok or pan over high heat. Add 1 tbs of oil, ensuring it covers the surface of the wok and heat until very hot.
- Add half the chicken strips and stir-fry until just cooked. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add approximately half of the remaining oil to the wok and cook the remaining chicken strips. Set aside once cooked.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and heat until wok is hot. Add the onion, carrot and capsicum and stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and broccolini and stir-fry for a further two minutes. Then add the ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and stir-fry for a further one minute.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and water and toss the vegetables for around one minute. Return the chicken to the wok and stir until both the vegetables and chicken are coated with the sauce and the vegetables are crisp but slightly tender.
Remove the wok from the heat. Serve the stir-fry immediately alongside cooked rice and top with sesame seeds.