Mix up your meals with our Chinese-inspired mandarin orange chicken. The zesty kick will have you drooling for more. 🍗
A beautifully fresh chicken option that makes the most of the flavour pomegranate offers.
- 8 boneless chicken fillets with skin on
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Glaze: Juice of ½ orange or ½ cup white wine
- Glaze: 1 tsp sugar
- Glaze: 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Glaze: 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- Garnish: 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- Garnish: 2 tbsp pomegranate arils
- Garnish: Sprigs of fresh thyme
- Dry the chicken pieces well. In a bowl, combine all the other ingredients. Coat the chicken pieces in this mixture and leave to marinate for at least two hours.
- Place under a preheated grill or on a barbeque, skin side towards the heat source and grill until golden brown. Turn and grill the other side until golden and the flesh is well cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, strain the marinade into a small frying pan, add the orange juice or wine and reduce by half. Stir in the sugar and pomegranate molasses and a little of the cornflour mixture, simmering until the sauce thickens. Correct seasoning.
- Arrange the cooked chicken fillets on a serving platter, pour the glaze over and around them and garnish with a few orange segments, thyme sprigs and pomegranate arils.