Are you looking for a flavourful low-fuss dinner recipe that can pre-prepared the day ahead? This recipe allows you to cook the meat and vegetables all in one saving time and effort. These juicy chicken skewers are bursting with flavour…
A healthy and nutritious post-Christmas day palate cleanser, why not serve up this refreshing and light Chicken with Mango Salsa recipe?!
Zesty, sweet, spicy and oh-so-satisfying, this dish makes for great meal prep, plus it’s packed with nutrients to keep you full all day long.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp orange juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup roughly chopped coriander
- 1 ripe diced mango
- 1 ripe diced avocado
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced capsicum
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- Whisk together 3/4 cup orange juice, ½ cup olive oil, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest, honey, 1 teaspoon cumin, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, minced garlic, 1/4 cup roughly chopped coriander in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put aside 1/2 cup of the marinade mix, and pour the rest into a large resealable bag.
- Pound the chicken to even thickness or slice in half to get evenly sized pieces and place in the bag with the rest of the marinade. Place the bag in the fridge for 30 minutes to 8 hours. Make sure to flip the bag halfway through.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a skillet and then place the marinated chicken on the grill.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and internal temperature is at 75 degrees C. Flip the chicken halfway through and brush it generously with the left over 1/2 cup marinade.
- Mix together the mango, avocado, red onion, capsicum, jalapeno, 1 tablespoon orange juice, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 teaspoons lime zest, 1/4 cup roughly chopped coriander, 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon cumin in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the cooked chicken over a bed of rice or quinoa and add a portion of the salsa on top.