There’s nothing quite like a steaming bowl of ramen to soothe the soul in the colder months. Try our new Chicken Ramen today. It’s packed with mushrooms, spring onion, noodles and delicious aromas in the broth!
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 packets dried ramen noodles
- ½ cup corn kernels
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in garlic and ginger and cook for approx. 3 minutes until softened.
- Add in the soy sauce and mirin and stir to combine. Cook for another minute, then add in the stock, cover and bring to boil.
- Remove the lid, and let simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, then add in the mushrooms. Simmer gently for another 10 minutes, and season with salt, to taste.
- Fill another pot with enough water to cover the eggs and bring to the boil. Gently lower the eggs into the pot and simmer for 7 minutes. Once cooked, transfer the eggs into a large bowl filled with ice water. Keep eggs submerged in the bowl for at least 5 minutes or until cool enough to peel away the shell. Once peeled, slice in half, length-wise and set aside.
- Cook the ramen noodles in boiling water for 2 – 3 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the noodles into two large bowls. Add in the sliced chicken, mushrooms and broth. Top with spring onion, corn and a soft-boiled egg.
Note: For an even quicker option, buy a cooked chicken roast.