Watermelon elevates this traditional Spanish cold soup to new levels with a mild sweetness. Watermelon rounds out the acidity and heat of tomatoes, onion, garlic, and vinegar and makes for a refreshing new way to enjoy this seasonal melon. This…
A real superfood recipe! This creamy chilled avocado cucumber soup is packed with flavour and nutrients thanks to the addition of baby spinach. Refreshing notes of dill and lime makes this a great appetizer for a summer lunch or patio dinner. Kids will love it too!
- 1 large (330g) English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup (40 g) baby spinach, washed
- 4 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ¼ cups cold water
- 1/3 cup full fat plain yogurt
- For Garnish (optional)
- Thinly sliced cucumber
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Chopped dill
- Dollop of plain yogurt
1. In a food processor or high speed blender, add the ingredients in the order listed.
Blend until the mixture is smooth and even.
2. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before
serving. Give the soup a good stir before portioning it into bowls.
3. Garnish with fresh cracked black pepper, a swirl of yogurt, chopped dill and/or
slices of cucumber. Serve chilled.