Strawberries and chocolate is a romantic combination for a reason.
This Chocolate Tart will make you feel like royalty, and impress every guest. Say yes to flavour with this creamy, chocolatey and delicious dish that is almost (almost!) too pretty to eat!
This recipe was brought to you in collaboration with The Melbourne Food Nerd!
- Add biscuits to a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add melted butter.
- Blitz again to combine and add to your tart tin
- Press the biscuit mix down firmly along the bottom of the tin and the sides
- Put the tart into the freezer until ready for filling
- Melt the chocolate slowly, while heating cream and sugar in a pot until it steams
- Add the cream into the chocolate mixture, and mix together using a spatula
- Pour into the tart and leave in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours
- When the tart is ready to eat, add 100g sugar with 50mL water and a generous handful of strawberries (6 or so) to a saucepan to make the strawberry sauce
- Cook on medium heat until jammy, mixing regularly. When thick, mash the strawberries and pass the mixture through a strainer if desired to get a smooth sauce
- Deshell and crush the pistachio in a snap-lock bag. Finely slice the remaining strawberries
- Decorate the top of the tart with the strawberries and pistachio
- Serve a slice of the tart with strawberry sauce