Here we have a dish that’s too pretty to eat! …ALMOST.
Our Floral Focaccia is the perfect side dish for entertainers who want to truly wow their dinner guests!
Topped with fresh-cut produce, let your creative side shine and create a unique floral design. Easy to prepare, enjoyed on its own or with your favourite dips
- Combine warm water, sugar and activated dry yeast in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes. The mixture will become frothy.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the yeast mixture into the middle. Add the olive oil and stir mixture until it comes together.
- Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a large, oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Punch down the dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Grease a rectangular baking tray. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to your backing tray dimensions. Transfer to the prepared tray. Use your fingers to dimple the surface of the dough.
- Time to decorate your Focaccia with some flowers! We used red onions, cherry tomatoes, chives, baby capsicums and olives. Set aside in a warm place for 15 mins to rise slightly.
- Bake for 20 mins or until focaccia is lightly golden and cooked through. Cool slightly. Serve warm.