Thinking of what to make Mum for breakfast in bed this Mother’s Day? These fluffy banana pancakes are an excellent choice. They are naturally sweetened with lovely ripe bananas (which are of plenty this time of year) and offer an added crunch with the addition of pecans sprinkled over the top.
Get the whole family involved in the kitchen this Sunday. Kids love lending a hand and these pancakes are so easy to make, even the littlest of hands will be able to get involved.
- In a mixing bowl, using a hand or electric mixer, beat eggs for 2 minutes until frothy.
- Add flour, baking powder, milk and oil and mix to blend well.
- Stir in the mashed bananas until well combined.
Heat a non-skillet over medium heat and lightly grease. Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until edges become dry, approximately 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining mixture until all used greasing the pan if necessary between pancakes.
- Top with slices of banana, drizzle with honey or maple syrup and sprinkle with pecans.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!