Nothing screams Christmas like a pudding! Impress your guests on Christmas day with this Fragrant Low-Fat Christmas Pudding!
- 100g fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- 75g Currants
- 75g Sultanas
- 100g Seedless Raisins
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 50ml Brandy (optional)
- 75g White Self Raising Flour
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 50g brown sugar
- 1tsp Lemon Peel
- 1tsp Orange Peel
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 60ml Skimmed Milk
- 60ml Brandy
- First soak all the dried fruit in 50ml of brandy overnight.
- Shake the cherries in the flour, add mixed spice, cinnamon, breadcrumbs and sugar.
- Mix in the grated zest along with the lemon juice.
- Add the soaked fruit.
- Add molasses and stir through evenly.
- Beat the eggs with the milk. Then slowly add to the mixture.
- Mix gently but thoroughly.
- Place in a 1.2litre ovenproof dish.
- If you are microwaving the pudding, place an upturned plate over the dish and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then microwave for a further 5 minutes.
- If you are steaming your pudding, cover with foil or pudding cloth, and then steam gently for 3 hours.
- Once cooked allow to cool.
- Once cool wrap in foil and leave in a cool dry place until required.
- Before reheating, prick the pudding several times and pour some more brandy over the top.
- Steam for 1-2 hrs or microwave on high for 10mins.