A Winter Italian Chopped Salad is a colourful classic! Salty and savory flavors balanced out by the citrus burst of the oranges
This tasty grain salad with green olives and a lemon vinaigrette is the perfect lunch to prep this weekend and enjoy all week long.
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup freekah (you could also use cracked wheat or quinoa)
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup currants
- ½ cup chopped Sicilian olives
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive
- Cook the freekah and lentils separately in boiling water according to the directions on the packaging. Drain well and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, place the coriander, parsley, red onion, freekah, lentils, toasted nuts, olives, currants, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well.
- Place into serving dish. You could serve this with yoghurt and honey mixed together if desired.