This delicious, salad lets seasonal veg take centre stage. Serve as a stand-alone dish or is perfect as part of a larger meal with anything from seafood to meats and other veg-centric dishes. Try a little feta crumbled over if you like, it’s delicious.
This recipe was made in collaboration with our friend Chef Tom Walton
- 2 bunch asparagus, 3cm trimmed form end
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 4 radishes, cut into small wedges
- 2 large handful mixed herbs (mint, coriander, dill), roughly chopped
- Juice 1 lemon or 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Preheat a BBQ or Grill plate over a high heat.
- Toss the prepared asparagus and snow peas in 2 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Quickly grill for 2 minutes, turning throughout, to char them but leave them bright green.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grilled veggies, butterbeans, radish, herbs, almonds, and dress with remaining olive oil, lemon, and a little seasoning.