Looking for a vegetarian dish to impress even the most ardent meat-loving family? Then look no further than these flavoursome slurpy mushroom noodles. The classic Sesame-Ginger combination draws out the rich umami taste of the mushrooms and served with a…
This delectable dish features Swiss brown or Portobello mushrooms filled with garlic and butter, served alongside perfectly poached eggs and a herb-infused sour cream.
Recipe written by Luke Croston.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mix the sour cream and chopped herbs together.
3. Fill each mushroom with sliced garlic, a pat of salted butter, and a pinch of flake salt.
4. In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil and place the mushrooms with the stalks facing up. Cook them slowly until the butter starts to melt.
5. Transfer the pan to the preheated oven.
6. While the mushrooms are in the oven, poach the eggs to your desired doneness.
7. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and serve them with the herb-infused sour cream, poached eggs, and a drizzle of olive oil.
8. Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs.