Healthy Lamb & Mushroom Blended Shepherd’s Pie!
Lamb, Mushroom, and Shephards Pie! Topped generously with the creamiest of Potato mash!
Looking to boost the health factor of your meals without subbing out flavour? Sub in Mushroom!
Meet The Blend: Lamb & Mushroom Blended Shephard’s Pie!
This recipe blends 70% Mushroom + 30% lamb Mince for an earth-friendly and delicious boost to any table!
Homey, satisfying and wholesome, our Shephards Pie will make anyone a mushroom lover! This recipe was brought to you by AMGA!
- 350 g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 150g Lamb Mince
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Carrot, Peeled and diced
- 1 Celery stalk, finely diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups of Beef stock
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup peas & corn
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 30 g Butter
- 3 sprigs Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Place onion, carrot and celery in the pan and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add mince to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously until the meat is cooked through. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the tomato paste and flour to the pan. Stir to combine and allow to heat through before adding the wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, frozen vegetables and herbs. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has reduced slightly.
- In the meantime, place potatoes in a large saucepan of water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat and strain the cooking liquid. Return potatoes to the saucepan. Add milk and butter to the saucepan and mash until smooth.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a large ovenproof dish or 4 individual ovenproof ramekins. Top with mashed potato and brush with melted butter. Put into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crunchy on top.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with seasonal greens.