Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 40 mins
Our Healthy Tuna Pasta Bake is loaded with hidden veg and topped with cheese and is sure to be a winner in most households!
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add in the pasta and cook for 10 minutes (or as otherwise specified on pack).
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan while the pasta is cooking. Add in the onion and cook on low for 6 – 8 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Stir in the flour and then slowly add in the milk, stirring with a whisk as you go.
- Once all the milk has been added to the saucepan, keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Once sauce has thickened, add in 2/3 of the cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and place into a 20x30cm baking dish. Pour the sauce over the top of the pasta and add in the corn, tuna, zucchini and carrot.
- Mix together and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for approximately 15 – 20 mins or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley prior to serving.