Honey baked Pears with naturally sweetened Rice Pudding!
This simple serving takes the fresh fruit and transforms it into a healthy, cinnamon celebration. Perfect for a weekend brunch of a post-dinner pick, this recipe is just too lovely.
Pears are the perfect medium of flavour for this divine dish!
Thanks, @Melbournefoodnerd for a sweet sampling for our readers to enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Cut the pears in half and remove the core and seeds
- Add a small cube of butter to the centre of the pear and sprinkle cinnamon (to taste)
- Drizzle honey
- Bake for 30 minutes
- While the pears are baking, add cooked rice to a pot over medium heat with the milk
- Once at a light boil, add salt, vanilla essence and sugar to the pot
- Stir regularly until thickened and serve the sweet rice pudding with the baked pears
- Garnish with fresh fruit and ice cream or flaked almonds (optional)
Can easily scale down or up!