50 mins + cool time
These Italian Roasted Veggies in Oil are both delicious AND a great way to extend the shelf life of your veggies… what’s not to love?!
- 4 cups vegetables of your choice (we used red capsicum, zucchini, and eggplant)
- 2 parts olive oil
- 1 part vinegar (e.g. balsamic, white, apple cider, or red wine)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs of your choice (e.g. rosemary, parsley, basil, thyme, sage)
- Flavour enhancers (e.g. garlic, chilli flakes, lemon zest, dried chillies)
- Roast your vegetables in the oven. Once cooked and soft, place the cooked vegetables in a bowl.
- Season very generously with salt and pepper and ¼ cup vinegar (or enough to generously coat the veg). Let stand for 15 mins before adding ½ cup olive oil. Add more of each if needed, sticking with the correct proportions (2 parts oil to 1 part vinegar).
- Add your chosen herbs and flavour enhancers.
- If planning to eat within the week, place all ingredients into clean jars, removing air bubbles by stirring with a spoon. Top with more oil and vinegar so the veggies are completely submerged. Refrigerate.
- If wanting to preserve for longer, simply remove any fresh ingredients (i.e. herbs and raw garlic). Note: Keep jars refrigerated at all times.