This versatile vegetable salad makes a perfect healthy side for a summer barbeque meal or a fresh yet filling lunch option (top it with some poached chicken if you like). The crisp snow peas and mild earthy broccolini paired with…
Super fast and something a little bit different. Vibrant broccolini makes a fresh, zingy pesto that goes beautifully with simple poached chicken.
- 4 small skinless chicken breasts
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 bunch basil leaves, loosely packed
- 50g parmesan, in 1cm cubes
- Zest ½ lemon, plus the juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut on the diagonal into 3cm pieces
- 40g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Drizzle of olive oil, for serving
- Place the chicken in a large pot. Cover with cold water and add a tablespoon of salt. Place the pot over low heat and bring up to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 8 minutes then turn the heat off. Allow the chicken to cool in the water before slicing into 4cm thick pieces.
- While the water is simmering, add the broccolini and blanch for one minute or until just tender. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Reserve a handful of the toasted pine nuts for serving. Put all the rest of the ingredients, including the blanched broccolini, into a blender or food processor and blitz until combined, but still a little bit chunky. Remove to a large bowl.
- Serve the chicken with the pesto and a wedge of lemon.