Celebrate the luck of the Irish with these lime cream cupcakes. These cupcakes come together super quick and easy, they are light and fluffy and pop with a zingy citrus flavour. If you are looking for something to help get…
For your dessert this St Patricks day, how about you give this kiwi fruit gelato a try? Bright green in colour to suit the theme of all things St. “Patty’s” day this unique flavoured gelato will be a crowd favourite. This creamy cool dessert is dairy free, gluten free and vegan friendly, not to mention really easy to make. The time allowed for this recipe is really all in the chilling time with only 5 – 10 minutes hands on time. For us this is the recipe highlight as it means less time in the kitchen this St Patricks day and more time celebrating!
- Combine water, xylitol (or sweetener of choice) and rice malt syrup in saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Puree kiwi fruit in a food processor or blender to equal 3/4 cup puree.
- Add lemon juice, peel and sugar to the food processor, blend for 10 – 20 seconds until well combined.
- Pour into shallow metal or glass pan and freeze for approximately 1 hour or until the mixture is firm, but not solid.
- When chilled, spoon into a chilled bowl metal, glass or ceramic bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the mix is light and fluffy.
- Return it to the freezer for approximately 2 hours or until firm enough to scoop.