- Place meat and oil in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, bay leaf, paprika and apricots and toss together over medium heat, then pour in 600 ml of stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, then cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile rinse chick peas in a sieve under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Add chick peas and cherries to the tagine.
- You may also need to add a little more liquid at this point. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Season with salt.
- Serve in a traditional tagine dish if you like.
- Sprinkle with toasted almond flakes and parsley before serving.
- Serve with buttery couscous.
Are you ready to start creating?
Find My Store Now!