Are you entertaining this weekend? Make a batch of these Lamb & Mushroom Meatballs and watch them disappear as your guests devour them!
- 340g lamb mince
- 110g white button mushrooms, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cooked long grain rice, cooled
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- CUCUMBER DIPPING SAUCE
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp each of salt, cumin, and coriander
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- To make the meatballs, preheat the oven to 200C. Line a large, rimmed baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb mince, mushrooms, and rice.
- Place the pine nuts, onion, garlic, mint, parsley, and lemon juice in a small food processor and puree until all ingredients are very finely chopped. Next, add this mixture into the bowl with the lamb and mushroom and stir to combine.
- Finally, add the salt and pepper, stirring to combine. To make the meatballs, shape the mixture into golf ball sized balls. Place meatballs onto the lined tray and bake for 20 mins, or until cooked through (no longer pink on the inside).
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the cucumber dipping sauce. Place all sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Once the meatballs are done, remove from the oven, place them on a serving platter and serve alongside the cucumber dipping sauce. Enjoy!