Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 50 mins
Put the kettle on! It’s time for our scrumptious, crumbly lemon yoghurt cake. The zest of many-a-lemon makes up this delightful morning tea. Cut a slice, and relax. Visit our website now for the full recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined using an electric mixer, or by hand.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for around 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the lemon glaze, combine the lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolved, and the mixture is clear.
- Once the cake has cooled slightly in the pan, carefully transfer it onto a cooling rack. Drizzle over the lemon glaze and sprinkle over some icing sugar if desired.