2 - 3
Smashed potatoes and a hearty lentil ragu. Need we say more? ? This recipe sneaks lots of veggies into it, which are arguably disguised by the deliciousness of the rich tomato base.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup tinned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp parsley and basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1.5 cups tomato passata
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 small white potatoes, boiled
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200° Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, garlic and carrot and cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Add the zucchini, lentils, herbs, olives and passata. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- As the ragu cooks, place the boiled potatoes onto a large lined baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbs olive oil and sprinkle over the rosemary and salt and pepper. Place into the oven to cook for approx. 15 mins.
- To serve, spread the vegetable ragu over the top of the roast potatoes and garnish with extra parsley if desired.