Looking for the perfect springtime comfort meal? Nutritious, delicious, and super simple to prepare, this recipe has it all! Add Broccolini® to your baked dishes for added crunch and a peppery edge!
Recipe provided by Perfection Fresh Australia.
- 1 bunch of Broccolini®, washed and halved crossways
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup stuffed green olives
- 8 traditional bocconcini
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- Chargrilled garlic bread slices, to serve
- Sprinkle over the paprika over both sides of the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining oil to pan with the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the vinegar and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes, bring to the simmer. Return the chicken.
- Press a piece of baking paper onto the surface and cover with a lid. Cook on medium-low for 10 minutes. Add the olives and broccolini, press the baking paper onto the surface to cover, and cook further 3-4 minutes until broccolini is bright green. Remove the cover.
- Preheat a grill on medium-high. Scatter the bocconcini over the chicken. Grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese has softened. Scatter over the basil. Serve with garlic bread.
Tip: Delicious served over pasta or mashed potatoes.
Tip: If you don’t have an oven proof frying pan, complete steps 1-3 in a frying pan. For step 4, transfer to an overproof dish.