This versatile vegetable salad makes a perfect healthy side for a summer barbeque meal or a fresh yet filling lunch option (top it with some poached chicken if you like). The crisp snow peas and mild earthy broccolini paired with…
Have dinner done in under 30 with this delicious and nutritious stir-fry! Broccolini® adds a crunchy texture with a slight peppery taste that the whole family is sure to love!
Recipe supplied by Perfection Fresh Australia
- 2 bunches Broccolini®
- 400g packet shelf-fresh, wholegrain wok-ready noodles (see tip)
- 600g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced crossways
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums, sliced
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs unsalted, dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Cut the Broccolini® in half crossways.
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stir to separate the noodles. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water. Drain well.
- Heat a lightly oiled, large non-stick frying pan or wok over high heat until hot. Add half the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until light golden and just cooked through. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the Broccolini®, Minicaps® baby capsicums and 1 tablespoon of water to the hot pan. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the Broccolini® is just tender.
- Return all the chicken to the pan with the noodles, green shallots, and combined soy sauce and maple syrup. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until hot.
- Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve.
Shelf-fresh, wholegrain wok-ready noodles are available from the noodle section at your local grocery store.
Use about ½ tablespoon of heart healthy oil such as peanut, sunflower or canola to lightly oil the pan.
For a touch of heat, serve sprinkled with sliced fresh chilli or dried chilli flakes.