Apple and sultanas… what a team! Nothing says Easter quite like the humble hot cross bun! If you’re a HCB lover, you’ll have to give our Apple & Sultana Hot Cross Buns a go! They’re a labour of love but…
It’s not just the kids that will enjoy all the goodies this Easter, check out this decadent dessert we have on offer to be enjoyed amongst grownups.
This dessert gives you all the reasons why to throw a dinner party this Easter weekend. Distract the kids with an Easter scavenger hunt and set aside some adult only time to enjoy every delicious mouthful this poached pear has to offer. If you really want to go all out, this dessert would also go perfectly with a mulled wine. Is there really anything better than enjoying beautiful food, a drink with the people you love under a starry sky just as the evenings begin to become a little crisp?…. we don’t think so! Happy Easter.
- Using a small melon baller, carefully core the pears from underneath, so the pears still look whole.
- Dip the pears into the lemon juice.
- Over medium heat add the wine, sugar, cinnamon stick and star anise to a large pot, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and
- mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat and add pears.
- Simmer uncovered until pears are soft but not mushy when pierced with a sharp knife, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow pears to cool in syrup until lukewarm; discard the cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Remove pears to dessert dishes with a slotted spoon. Spoon syrup over pears and serve warm.