Nothing beats a sausage roll for lunch! These golden beauties are our new Pork & Fennel Sausage Rolls and we LOVE them! ❤️ Pop into your local Fruit and Veg shop today to pick up the Fennel, Apple, Zucchini and Carrot that you’ll find in these bad boys.
- Preheat oven to 200°C, and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan over a medium heat. Add the fennel and garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until the fennel has softened. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, in a large bowl, combine the fennel mixture, grated carrot, zucchini, apple, mince, and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide the sausage roll mixture down the edge of each pastry sheet half. Roll to enclose, pressing down on the crease to secure. Use a sharp knife to cut the roll into four smaller rolls. Repeat with the other rolls.
- Place sausage rolls onto the lined trays. Use a pastry brush to brush the tops of each roll with the egg mixture.
- Bake sausage rolls in the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm with some tomato relish or sauce of your choice. Enjoy!