Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
Do you love fried rice? We sure do! 🙋♀️ Our pork fried rice is packed with winter veggies, and is a family favourite at dinner time. You won’t miss those takeaway nights when you can whip up a tasty fried rice at home!
- 500 g pork mince
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 6-8 brussels sprouts, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ small head broccoli, broken into small florets
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 4 cups steamed rice (day old)
- 2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a hot wok and stir-fry the onion, ginger and carrot for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the carrots are tender.
- Then, add in the sugar and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the pork mince and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds. Then add in the capsicum, brussels sprouts, asparagus, and broccoli and stir-fry, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Stir through the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Toss in the rice and stir-fry, using a spatula to break up the egg into smaller pieces, for 1 minute. Then add in most of the spring onions and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds or until the rice is heated through and well combined.
- Transfer the fried rice to a serving platter or serve in individual bowls, topped with the remaining spring onion.