What better way to finish of an amazing day than to serve up a comforting bowl of nourishing soup, (it’s basically love in a bowl).
If you’re looking for a vegetarian option (you can also make this meal vegan by swapping the butter for some olive oil) to serve up the family this rich, creamy, velvety soup. The thyme in this soup gives a lovely fresh undertone which really lifts the soup. Feel free to adjust the thyme in this dish by adding as much (or as little) as you would like.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the shallots and onion in butter and oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock, tamari, pepper and thyme.
- Cover and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Transfer to a blender in batches and puree until smooth (or use a stick blender).
- Transfer back to pot, heat through again for another couple of minutes until hot.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.