When you think of comfort food, you think of Pad Thai. ?
Juicy prawns and rice noodles in a spicy sweet sauce topped with crunchy bean shoots, spring onions, fresh coriander and a squeeze of tangy lime, this recipe will make you ditch takeaway for good.
- Add the rice noodles to a large bowl, pour boiling water over the Noodles. Cover for 5 minutes then drain. Drizzle sesame seed oil over the noodles and toss together – this prevents the noodles from sticking.
- Heat a large pan over high heat. Add chopped onion, shelled prawns, olive oil, salt, and garlic. Fry for 10 minutes and set aside once cooked.
- Whisk the eggs together and pour into the pan. Let sit to form an omelette. Once cooked remove from the pan and roughly cut.
- Add the cooked onions, prawns, omelette, and rice noodles back into the pan. Mix soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame seed oil and fish sauce in a small bowl. Once combined add to the pan
- Plate up with fresh coriander, a wedge of lime, bean sprouts, peanuts, spring onions and chillies