Prep Time: 15 minutes / Bake Time: 60 minutes
- 210 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 113 g (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 120 g (½ cup) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh, juiced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 120 g (1 cup) icing sugar, spooned and levelled
- 1 couple of drops of natural pink food colouring
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Add the lemon juice, melted butter, sour cream and eggs. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and gently whisk until just combined. Gently fold in the raspberries, being careful not to over mix.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a metal skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan before lifting it out and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, mash the raspberries until they turn into a pulp.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, strain the raspberry pulp until you get 1 tbsp of raspberry juice out. Discard the seeds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the raspberry juice, lemon juice and food colouring (should you wish to achieve a really pink colour) and icing sugar until the mixture is a nice thick consistency.
- Pour over the cooled loaf cake.