Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins
It’s time to line your baking tray, and prepare the most delicious peal couscous and roast veggie salad. A simple, can prepare the night before lunch or dinner idea that will get the family eating a whole variety of veg.
- 2 medium beetroots, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 medium red capsicums, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ small butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm chunks
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 250g pearl couscous
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 120g packet rocket
- 1 ½ tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil (for dressing)
- 120g feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Place baking paper onto two large baking trays. Scatter the beetroot, zucchini, capsicum and pumpkin onto the baking trays and roast for 40 mins or until the vegetables have a light golden colour. Set them aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the couscous. Fry until the couscous smells toasted, then cover in the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the couscous is just tender. Transfer the cooked couscous to a bowl.
- Toss the roasted vegetables in the bowl with the couscous. Stir through the rocket and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle over the oil and vinegar and toss to combine.
- Transfer contents of the bowl onto a large serving platter of your choice. Top with crumbled feta to serve.