- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and jalapeno
- Cook on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes until soft
- Peel and chop the choko into small pieces
- Add the choko to the saucepan and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the vegetable stock, season with the salt and pepper, then bring to the boil and cover with a lid. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the choko is soft
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before blending.
- Blend the soup with either a hand blender or upright blender until smooth
- Serve with cream and salt and pepper to taste