Prep time: 25 minutes / Bake time: 50 minutes
- Packet of soft lasagna sheets
- 1 tub of ricotta
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- To make the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in basil, oregano and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Spread 1 cup mushroom sauce onto the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish; top with lasagne sheets, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat with a second layer. Top with remaining noodles, mushroom sauce and cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until top is browned in spots.
- Serve, garnished with parsley, if desired.