Irish and non-Irish alike, we have you covered with celebrating this year’s St. Patricks day with food and all things green. This bright green pureed soup is the perfect colour to be serving up this March 17th. The flavour is bold, super fresh in colour and is particularly nice as the evening temperatures start to get a little cooler. If you like cream soups, add 1/2 cup of cream to the blender while you puree the ingredients. To accompany this quick and delicious soup, try crostini topped with tapenade or sundried tomatoes and parmesan or some crusty bread and butter.
- In large soup pot over medium-high heat, combine potatoes, onion, garlic, stock, and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add in the fresh spinach and fresh herbs.
- Continue to simmer uncovered for 1 – 2 minutes, or until spinach and herbs are just wilted and bright green in colour.
- In several batches in a food processor or blender, puree the simmered vegetables and liquid until smooth.
- Return soup to pot over low heat and heat thoroughly.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste and serve.