Want to make Phantom Pumpkin Bread?
It’s easy! Just take our recipe for our Sweet Pumpkin Bread, and top with marshmallow webs and Berry spiders!
Perfect for a mid-morning snack with a coffee.
Using only the best pumpkin from your local fruit and veg shop, we think you’ll love this one!
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except for the sugar) and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a separate bowl until light in colour. Once light, beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add in your steamed pumpkin puree and beat once again.
- Fold the dry mixture into the wet ingredients, until the batter is well combined. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for approx. 60 mins or until a knife comes out clean.
- Once cooked, allow the bread to cool in the tin before turning out and slicing.
Making the webs is easy!
1. Put the desired amount of marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
2. Pull out, stir, and microwave again if needed- you want it smooth!
3. Cool until workable but not too hot, then start pulling! Once nice and thin, these strands will stick to your loaf for a ghostly good decoration! Add some Berry spiders for an extra scary twist!