Beat the winter blues by warming up to a bowl of Spicy Choko Soup!
Who’s excited for the weather to cool down and soup season to start! Try our sweet potato & orange soup.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Line baking tray with baking paper. Chop sweet potato into chunks approximately 1-inch thick.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a small pan over low heat. Place garlic and onion in pan and cook for a few minutes until translucent.
- Place sweet potato and onion mixture on baking tray. Coat with remaining oil and salt and pepper. Bake at 200°C for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture to a blender. Add orange zest, orange juice, vegetable stock and coconut milk. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide soup into bowls. Garnish with spring onion and cream, and serve!