Thanh, the fruit nerd from Plate of Origin, shares his mum’s famous water spinach stir fry that he and Duncan cooked in the season final. Only taking 3 minutes to cook, this delicious dish is the perfect plant-based dinner for those nights you want to impress without the fuss.
- Add oil to your saucepan or wok and heat on the stove.
- Once heated, toss water spinach into the sizzling pan.
- Add a splash of water to help cook the spinach through while remaining crunchy.
- Stir through beancurd, garlic, chilli, salt, cornflour and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Toss together until the spinach is evenly coated and serve on rice.
Note: This dish should only take a few minutes to cook, be sure not to overcook as this will weaken the integrity of the spinach. Traditionally this is served on jasmine rice however you could whip this up as a side dish or even serve on rice noodles if you want something different!
You can follow Thanh on Instagram at fruitnerd