Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, our light and crispy Tomato and Squash Galette is packed full of flavour and is super easy to prepare.
Serve as is or with a summery side salad for a light and tasty dish that’ll have you reaching for seconds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to get cooking!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 tbsp ice cold salted butter, cubed
- 4-8 tbsp ice cold water
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into 1cm slices
- 2 yellow squashes, sliced into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Add flour and salt to a bowl. In a separate bowl, add cubed butter. Chill both bowls for 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Add the cubed butter to flour mixer, and pulse in a food processor until a wet sand consistency comes to fruition. Add 2 tablespoons of ice-cold water bit by bit until the dough has formed.
- Turn out onto the counter and form into a ball, place in plastic wrap, and flatten into a disk; place in the fridge for minim of 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Slice the tomatoes and squash, Pat dry.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to 1.5 cm thickness. Add the shredded cheese. Place veggies in spiral pattern over the top. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and place fresh thyme.
- Cook for 30 mins. Slice and enjoy warm.