Curry lovers, we have another scrumptios recipe for you to add to the recipe book! Our new Turmeric and Coconut Fish Curry is packed with bold curry flavours and is a super easy dinner to put together.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 12 curry leaves (fresh)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- 600 g firm white fish, cut into 3cm chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion for approx. 5 mins until it is translucent and slightly brown.
- Add in the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring gently for 1 minute.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric and curry leaves and cook for a further minute.
- Stir through the coconut milk slowly, scraping up the spices and onion from the bottom of the saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and continue to simmer for around 5 mins or until the tomato begins to soften.
- Add the fish and gently poach for about 6 – 8 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Gently stir through the coriander and lime juice. Serve alongside cooked rice and enjoy!