This versatile vegetable salad makes a perfect healthy side for a summer barbeque meal or a fresh yet filling lunch option (top it with some poached chicken if you like). The crisp snow peas and mild earthy broccolini paired with…
Make these ultimate layered chia puddings for the perfect breakfast on the run or how about a healthy desert? Either way, they will leave you feeling great and your energy high.
Chia seeds are an excellent ingredient to incorporate in to your daily diet. They are a great source of protein, omega 3’s, are high in fibre and antioxidants. There are many ways to include these amazing seeds in to meals, however we must admit this would have to be one of our most favourite recipes to do so. Chia puddings are super easy to make, and are a fantastic make ahead meal.
- Combine all the chia pudding ingredients to a glass mixing bowl and stir to combine well.
- Cover and place in the fridge to sit for at least 3 hours, preferably do this overnight. Stir occasionally.
- Once the chia pudding is set your good to go and start layering.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas together with the lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl very lightly mash the mulberries, just enough to realise juices.
- Spoon some of the chia pudding in the bottom of 4 mason jars.
- Divide the mashed banana equally among the 4 jars and add on top of the remaining chia pudding.
- Add another layer of the chia pudding and then top with a coconut cream, mulberries a drizzle of maple syrup finishing off with fresh blueberries on top.
- Secure the lids on your jars and store in the fridge until ready to serve.