The best part of a vegetable spaghetti is you don’t realise just how many vegetables make this pasta so delicious.
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, occasionally stirring until translucent; 3-5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, garlic, capsicums, and a generous pinch of salt then cook, stirring occasionally until veggies have softened. Stir in the tomato paste and cook another minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and bring to a low simmer and cook until the liquid has thickened.
- While the sauce simmers, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then cook pasta according to package directions.
- Take the sauce off the heat and stir in spinach and basil. Toss in the cooked pasta and serve with parmesan and fresh basil.