A super fun recipe to make with the whole family and can be made in less than 10 minutes!
Get the kids in the kitchen for a little fun and let your creative juices flow. This watermelon pizza recipe is extremely versatile, use whichever ingredients you like as toppings. Other toppings you might like to give a go are labna* with fresh berries, cream cheese, sliced banana and honey or perhaps some diced mango and coconut butter. Whatever tickles your fancy, serve up this treat for a fun family dessert, a kid’s birthday party or even at your next family picnic.
*a type of cheese made from yoghurt.
- Use a sharp knife, cut a thick slice (approx. 2 -3 inches thick) of the watermelon in the middle of the melon. Set the whole slice aside.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave by microwaving at 20% power for 15 seconds at a time. After each 15 second interval, give the chocolate a stir and repeat this process until most of the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the chocolate from the microwave, set aside stirring occasionally until all the chocolate is melted and is smooth.
- Drizzle over the almond butter evenly over the large wheel of watermelon.
- As evenly as possible, sprinkle the toasted almonds and coconut on top finishing with a good drizzle of the melted chocolate. Lastly sprinkle over some cacao nibs.
- Cut your watermelon in to 6 to 8 pieces (depending on how big your melon is) just as you would a pizza.
- Serve immediately.
It is best to use a chilled watermelon, it will not only taste much better but will also allow the melted chocolate to harden once drizzled on. This will make your slice of “pizza” not so messy to eat.